You can reach us via e-mail by clicking on the "Email Us" button below. Please use the email address associated with your account. If you have any issues with the form email email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Needs answers? Click on the appropriate link below to find the information you need.
1. WELCOME TO PARAMOUNTMOVIES.COM
Welcome to ParamountMovies.com! For 100 years Paramount Pictures’ movies have been delighting audiences, and now we are offering a way for Paramount Movie fans to browse, collect, access and enjoy the films that they love in one easy to use location. With ParamountMovies.com you can:
Redeem Ultraviolet Movies From Blu-ray Or DVD Purchases
- Enter the 12-digit code found on the insert inside the box and you are only a few clicks away from enjoying your Paramount Ultraviolet movie. When you purchase a movie with UltraViolet, your movie ownership takes advantage of what today’s Internet and digital devices can provide and ensures you will be able to watch your movies on future devices.
Purchase or Rent movies from Paramount Pictures
- Movies purchased at ParamountMovies.com are UltraViolet copies and can be downloaded or streamed. Rented movies can be streamed. See Rental Terms for more information.
Enjoy Movies At Home Or On The Go
- UltraViolet movies can be downloaded to watch on the go or streamed through your browser whenever you have an Internet connection, or they can be streamed or downloaded using our Paramount Movies apps.
Watch Movies On Multiple Devices
- Watch your movies on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android smartphones and tablets, and Xbox. We’ll be adding more devices in the near future – check back soon.
2. REDEEM MY MOVIE
2.a How do I Redeem My UltraViolet movie from a purchased Blu-ray or DVD?
- Enter your code on the empty box shown on the home page and hit enter, or go directly to the website URL listed on your DVD/Blu-ray insert.
- You’ll be prompted to create a new ParamountMovies.com account or log into your existing account to start the redemption process.
- You will also be asked to create an UltraViolet account and link it to your ParamountMovies.com account. This gives you easy access to your UltraViolet movies stored in the cloud.
- Once you’ve redeemed your UltraViolet copy, you can stream the movies to a variety of devices as such as PC, Mac, iOS, Android, or Xbox. You can also stream movies to devices with a web browser that supports silverlight and has a wi-fi internet connection. For more information on UltraViolet account set up, benefits and accessing your movies in the cloud see the UltraViolet section or visit www.uvvu.com.
- For more information on UltraViolet account set up, benefits and accessing your movies in the cloud see the UltraViolet section or visit www.uvvu.com.
2.b What do I do if I'm having issues redeeming my code?
- Please try all these troubleshooting steps below:
- • Check if you have your ( 1’s and 0’s) and (I’s and o’s) mixed up for any characters , please try a few substitution combinations.
- • Make sure you are typing in the full code and not missing any characters, if you code came from a blu-ray or DVD box it should be at least 12 characters.
- • Make sure you are trying to redeem your code at the right website, check the url printed on the insert next to your code ( for example www.vudu.com, www.paramountdigitalcopy.com are entirely different sites not serviced by our support). This helps to make sure you are at the right location and your movie is available on our site. (If your insert does not say paramountmovies.com then please contact that website that is listed on the insert for help instead)
- • Make sure the code you tried didn’t already go through and the movie is already in your locker. Sign in and click on “my movies” to check your library.
- • Make sure you are linked to Ultraviolet, log into www.paramountmovies.com and go to "my movies" section and check that the text at the top right of your library says "manage ultraviolet" it should not say “link to Ultraviolet”, that means you are unlinked.
- • Make sure the code has not been tampered with or used by another friend or family member * if you bought from online sites such a amazon it cannot be guaranteed the user did not already redeem the code before reselling*
- • If it says your code has expired on the your insert, please still try the code first to make sure before contacting support.
- • Make sure that it says “UV” or “Ultraviolet digital copy” on your insert, ( you could be trying to redeem an iTunes only code, which will not work at our site)
- • Make sure you did not already redeem your code at iTunes or at www.paramountdigitalcopy.com before trying to redeem at our site. You are only allowed a choice of either a UV digital copy or an itunes digital copy, using iTunes will void the ability to also redeem the UV copy.
- • If you accidentally redeemed your Ultraviolet code at the wrong retailer and you wanted to redeem at another site instead, there’s actually no need to contact support, your film goes into your ultraviolet library which is a shared and centralized account. As long as you have the same Ultraviolet Library linked at paramountmovies.com as you have linked at another retailer such as Vudu.com then your film should already be appearing there.
- • If you accidentally redeemed your iTunes code for Ultraviolet please see the next step below.
- • Please do not contact Paramountmovies.com for any iTunes code needs, whether it be missing code, replacement code or iTunes redemption code errors. ParamountMovies.com can only service for Ultraviolet digital copies. For missing or replacement codes for iTunes digital copies please contact support at this url: http://www.paramountdigitalcopy.com/support/contact.html Please be sure to provide your correct territory information and the title your code is for.
- • Make sure you are trying to access our website from a U.S territory.
- • We apologize for the inconvenience but we cannot convert iTunes digital copies and exchange them for Ultraviolet copies. The best way to convert old physical discs or digital copy codes to an Ultraviolet digital format is to use Vudu.com's "disc-to-digital" upgrade program in which you can convert to an Ultraviolet digital copy for a fee. (*on eligible titles). Websites are http://www.vudu.com/disc_to_digital.html and http://www.vudu.com/in_home_disc_to_digital.html
2.c Why do I have to link an UltraViolet Account?
- This site was created to allow you to redeem your movie code and add it to your UltraViolet account. Without linking to an UltraViolet account, we can’t redeem your UltraViolet code. www.UVVU.com is the central location where you can manage all of your Ultraviolet movies that are hosted in the cloud.
2.d What devices support my redeemed movie from Paramount?
- Stream or download movies to your PC or Mac. You can stream movies to your TV using the Paramount Movies app for Xbox or connecting your laptop with an HDMI cord. You can also stream movies to android,iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch through your Paramount Movies app you can download from your app store. Visit http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paramount-movies/id515537531?ls=1&mt=8 to get the free app for iPhone or iPad. See the Technical Requirements section for a list of supported browsers and operating systems. * The app requires a wi-fi connection.
3. PURCHASE ULTRAVIOLET MOVIES
3.a How do I purchase a movie?
- Browse the ParamountMovies.com site and select the movie you want to purchase by clicking on the BUY button for either Standard Definition (SD) or High-Definition (HD). This will prompt you to log in or create a new account. You will also need to create an UltraViolet account to store your movie in the cloud for easy access. If you are already logged into the site, you will be taken through the purchase process.
3.b Where will my movies be stored?
- Purchased (and redeemed) movies are UltraViolet and stored in the cloud. You can view your purchased movies by clicking on the My Movies tab on the ParamountMovies.com website, and you can access your Ultraviolet collection at www.UVVU.com You can also download and store a movie on your PC or Mac, files will be stored in a folder called "Paramount" in your Downloads, Movies or Videos section on your computer. Or, download and stream your purchased or redeemed movies to your iOS or Android device.
3.c How do I watch a movie I’ve purchased?
- To watch a movie, log on to ParamountMovies.com and click on My Movies. You should see a STREAM button next to each video in your library. You can also download a copy to your PC or Mac and download or stream your purchased or redeemed movies to your iOS or Android device using the Paramount Movies app.
3.d What form of payment do you accept?
- We accept the following credit cards: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
- We also accept PayPal. You will need to link your new or existing PayPal account the first time you purchase a movie.
3.e What devices support the UltraViolet movie I purchased from ParamountMovies.com?
- You can stream or download movies to your PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPod or iPad. To download or stream movies to your iPhone or iPad use the Paramount Movies app, visit http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paramount-movies/id515537531?ls=1&mt=8 to get the free app for iPhone or iPad. You can also stream your movies to the Paramount Movies app found on Xbox.
3.f Can I download my movie?
- Yes, with an UltraViolet account, you are able to download your Paramount purchased movies. The first time on PC or Mac desktop that you initiate the download, you will need to install the Paramount download application. All Paramount movies that are downloaded must be watched from the download application. You can also download your Paramount movies using the free app for or Android or iOS.
3.g Can I watch Paramount Movies through Flixster and Vudu?
- If your film is available at another retailer's site then it will be viewable from your library at another retailer such as Vudu or Flixster.
4. RENT MOVIES FROM PARAMOUNTMOVIES.COM
4.a How do I rent a movie on ParamountMovies.com?
- Browse ParamountMovies.com and select the movie you want to rent. You can choose to rent a movie in either Standard Definition (SD) or High Definition (HD). When you click the RENT button you will be prompted to log in or create a new account. If you are already logged into the site, you will be taken through the purchase process.
4.b How long is the rental period?
- Once you’ve completed a rental transaction, you have 30 days to begin watching your movie. Each movie is available to watch up to 48 hours after the first time you commence playing the film.
4.c How can I access my rented movies?
- To watch a movie you have rented, log on to the site and click on the My Movies tab. You should see a STREAM button next to each video in your library available for viewing.
4.d Do I need an UltraViolet account to rent movies?
- No. You will only need to create a ParamountMovies.com account to rent movies.
4.e Can I download movies that I have rented?
- No. Movies are available to stream only and require a Wi-Fi connection.
4.f What form of payment do you accept?
- We accept the following credit cards: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. We also accept PayPal. You will need to link your new or existing PayPal account the first time you purchase a movie.
5. WATCHING YOUR MOVIES ON PC / MAC
5.a How do I watch a movie?
- For purchased movies, click on the My Movies tab. For each active video in your library, you'll see a STREAM button. Click the button and enjoy your film from any browser. You can also access your PC/MAC download manager or your iPhone/iPad Paramount Movies app to watch films you have downloaded.
5.b What devices are supported?
- Movies can be streamed or downloaded to any PC/Mac with Silverlight plug-in installed.
5.c Do I need a Wi-Fi Connection?
- You will need an Internet Connection to watch movies that are purchased or redeemed that you have not downloaded onto your PC or Mac. If you are using the free Paramount Movies app for iPhone/iPad or Android then you will need a wi-fi connection.
5.d Can I download movies that I have purchased?
- Yes, with an UltraViolet account, you are able to download your Paramount purchased movies. The first time you initiate the download, you will need to install the Paramount Download Manager application. All Paramount movies that are downloaded must be watched from the download manager application. You can download your movies any time your want. You can also download your movies using the free Paramount Movies App for iPhone/iPad or Android.
5.e What happens if I Buy a movie in HD but my device doesn’t support HD?
- The video will playback in the best quality Standard Definition stream available for your bandwidth.
- Before you purchase a movie, please make sure your computer is HD compatible and you have a strong internet connection to support this quality and proper video and graphics card. Monitors and connections that don't support HDCP can only play Standard Definition. Please note, Paramount movies will only play back in Standard Definition on mobile devices.
5.f What other devices can I play my movies on?
- You can also watch your Paramount Movies using the Paramount Movies app available on the Xbox and Windows 8 operating system and tablets. We strive to provide you with the most ways to enjoy your movies. As such, we are continuously evaluating new devices to add to our service. Please check back for updates soon.
6. WATCHING YOUR MOVIES ON A MOBILE DEVICE
6.a What mobile devices will I be able to watch my movies on?
- Movies can be viewed on the following mobile devices : IOS (iPhone,iPad, iPod touch), Android smart phones and tablets using the Paramount Movies app.
6.b Do I need to download an app in order to be able to watch my movies?
- Yes when you are on a mobile device you need the Paramount Movies app, You will need a wi-fi or internet connection to view your movies.
6.c If I purchase the movie on my phone, can I watch it again later on my PC/MAC?
- Yes, with an UltraViolet account purchased movies can be watched on multiple devices, it can be added to your account from any device.
6.d How do I stream a movie to my mobile device?
You can download your movies to following devices using our free Paramount Movies app:
6.e Will I be able to watch the HD version on my iPhone?
- HD is not available on iOS devices.
6.f What happens if I purchase a movie in HD, can I watch it on my mobile phone?
- Yes, but movies purchased in HD will be streamed in SD so you can view and enjoy them on your iOS and android device. iOS and Mac devices will not playback HD content.
6.g I can’t seem to connect my phone to my TV?
- Not all devices are setup or designed to share protected content to TV’s. You are able to airplay from idevices to an apple TV or connect your laptop to your TV using an HDMI cord.
6.h How do I stream a movie to my mobile device?
- You will need a Wi-Fi or internet connection to watch a movie on your mobile device. You can download the paramount movies app stream movies within the app.
6.i Can I playback movies on my Android?
- Yes, you can view films on android by download the free paramount movies app and signing into your paramountmovies.com account.
6.j What other devices can I play my movies on?
- You can also watch your Paramount Movies using the Paramount Movies app available on the Xbox. We strive to provide you with the most ways to enjoy your movies. As such, we are continuously evaluating new devices to add to our service. Please check back for updates soon.
7. ABOUT THE IPHONE/IPAD APP
7.a What is the Paramount Movies app for iPhone/iPad?
- With the Paramount Movies app, you can download films from your ParamountMovies.com library using wi-fi and play them back while offline. You can also stream movies to your device using the Paramount Movies app for iPhone/iPad.
7.b How do I download movies to my iOS device?
- To download your UltraViolet movies to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, make sure you have downloaded the free App at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paramount-movies/id515537531?ls=1&mt=8. Sign in to the Paramount Movies account, and then go to My Library. Click on the “Download Now” next to the movie you would like to download. Please note:
- 1. You should download movies using a strong Wi-Fi connection for best results.
- 2. Movies take up a lot of room on your device. Keep this in mind before downloading.
- 3. It can take between 30 minutes to an hour and a half to download an entire movie.
- 4. If you close or remove focus from the app, the movie will stop downloading. To keep your download active while unmonitored, you can adjust the auto-lock function on your iOS device accordingly. Just go to your iphone settings General Tab and set the "auto-lock" to say "Never". You can only do this if you temporarily remove your password lock.
- 5. Movies will be shown on your devices in Standard Definition (SD) only.
- 6. The Paramount Movies app can also use apple airplay to display movies to your TV. To do this you will need an Apple device (iPhone or iPad) and Apple TV. Your Apple TV must be an updated model and firmware and both devices must be on the same wifi network.
- 7. You will need to download the entire movie to watch off-line
- 8. To delete a movie you have downloaded, go to “My Downloads” and select the movie you would like to delete from your device. You can always re-download the movie at a later date.
7.c Can I stream to an iOS device using the Paramount Movies app?
- Yes, You can stream using your Paramount Movies app and a wi-fi connection.
7.d I am having difficulty logging into the app or accessing my Library.
- To log into the app, be sure your ParamountMovies.com account information is valid and that you are signed in on only one browser by logging on your computer first as a test. If you continue to have issues, please contact support using the button on the upper left of this page.
7.e Which devices do you support for movie playback?
- To use the movie streaming feature on iOS you must have one of the following devices: iPhone 4S or above; fourth generation or above iPod Touch; or iPad that supports 6.0 or above OS. You must be using iOS version 6.0 or above. Due to DRM restrictions, we do not currently support streaming or downloading of movies on jail broken devices. You'll need to update to an official iOS release to watch movies in your UltraViolet collection.
7.f How do I watch a movie?
- Once you have logged into the app with your ParamountMovies.com account you will see all of your movies that are available to download or stream on your iPhone or iPad. , Click on a thumbnail image and you will be taken to the details page for that movie. Click the DOWNLOAD button to begin downloading the movie to your device.
7.g Why am I receiving an error message indicating I need Wi-Fi connectivity?
- To download a video, please connect to a Wi-Fi service for best results. You can switch to 3G mode within the settings section of the app.
7.j Can I use Apple Airplay to watch my movies?
- Yes you can use Apple airplay from any idevice to an apple TV.
- For best performance, make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements:
- 1. iPhone 4S or iPad 2 (and later) with iOS 5 and later
- 2. Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with software version 5.0 or later
- 3. An 802.11a, -g or -n wireless network. Your device and the apple TV must be on the same network.
7.k Can I watch my movies on a TV without Apple TV?
- To watch your movies using a physical connection to a TV, you will need an HDMI dongle from Apple to connect your iPhone, iPad or computer to the TV. An HDMI dongle (Apple Digital AV Adapter) can be purchased through the online Apple Store. * Your Tv must have an HDMI input, or you will need an additional adaptor. You can also log into the paramount movies Xbox app.
7. ABOUT THE Xbox APP
8.a What can I do with the Paramount Movies Xbox app?
- The Paramount Movies app for Xbox can:
- Stream movies you purchased or redeemed from ParamountMoives.com
- Redeem UltraViolet movies – UltraViolet copies come inside specially marked Blu-ray and DVDs.
- Browse the full selection of movies available on ParamountMoives.com. You must go to the site www.ParamountMovies.com on a browser to purchase films for viewing on Xbox.
- Browse your personal ParamountMovies.com movie library
- Take some time to browse around and enjoy your movies. We hope you enjoy your experience on the Paramount Movies Xbox app!
8.b How do I get the Paramount Movies Xbox app?
- You can find the Paramount Movies Xbox app in the Xbox app store. You must be an Xbox Live Gold member to access the free app. You must create an account and purchase movies through our site paramountmovies.com first to watch movies.
8.c How do I watch content from ParamountMovies.com on my Xbox?
- First, you must have purchased or redeemed content from ParamountMovies.com. If you do not have a ParmountMovies.com account, then you should create one while at ParamountMovies.com.
- Next, install the Paramount Movies Xbox app found in the Xbox app store and log in using the email address and password associated to your ParamountMovies.com account. You will only need to log in once. Once you are logged in, you can view your purchased or content in the Paramount Movies XBox app by going the ‘my library’ menu and choosing the movie you want to watch. Note, you must be an Xbox LIVE Gold member to access the Paramount Movies app for Xbox.
8.d What content can I watch on the Paramount Movies Xbox app?
- Movies you have purchased or redeemed at ParamountMovies.com are available to watch via the Paramount Movies Xbox app. All purchases or redeemed movies must be made from ParamountMovies.com.
8.e Can I download movies to my Xbox?
- Currently you cannot download movies to your Xbox using the Paramount Movies Xbox app.
8.f How do I purchase movies on my Xbox?
- Purchasing movies via the Paramount Movies Xbox app is not supported at this time. To watch a movie on the Paramount Movies Xbox app first go to ParamountMovies.com in your browser (on PC, Mac or iOS Devices) to purchase or redeem a movie from Blu-rays and DVDs that are specially marked with UltraViolet. After you have purchased or redeemed your movie, go back to the Paramount Movies Xbox app, navigate to the ‘my library’ menu and select the video you would like to watch.
8.g What is the quality of the video playback on the Paramount Movies Xbox app?
- If you bought an HD film and you are connected using an HDCP compliant Monitor and an HDCP compliant connection such as an HDMI cable then you will be able to access HD content. If you bought SD content or you have a non-HDCP compliant Monitor or Connection you will be watching Standard Definition.
8.h I cannot watch a movie on the Xbox app that I have in my Ultraviolet account.
- At this time only films purchased or redeemed at paramountmovies.com can be played through your Xbox app, please log on to ParamountMovies.com from your PC, Mac or other devices and click on your film and you will be taken to the site where it can be viewed.
- We are constantly working on improving the ParamountMovies.com online experiences for our customers, so stay tuned for future updates!
8.I I can’t figure out how to update my ParamountMovies.com account settings on my Xbox. How do I do this?
- To update your account information, please visit ParamountMovies.com via your PC, Mac or iOS devices. Log in, click on your name at the top of the page and choose the appropriate menu for the portion of your account you would like to update.
8.j I have just purchased or redeemed a movie on ParamountMovies.com and I don't see it in "my movies" on Xbox?
- Please try to update or refresh your Xbox screen by browsing or visiting another screen and then coming back to “my movies.” This allows the system to refresh and you should see the movie when you return to the “my movies” page.
9. ABOUT THE ANDROID APP
9.a What can I do with the Paramount Movies Android app?
- Paramount Movies app allows you to download and watch your favorite Paramount movies on your Android device even if you are off-line. You can also stream your movies if you have a Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G connection. Start watching now by visiting the Paramount Movies store to create an account and select a movie. Or, visit Paramount Movies to redeem your UltraVioletTM copy included with specially marked Blu-ray and DVDs. If you already have a Paramount Movies account, simply Log In to view the movies in your Library and download the movie to your device.
9.b I am having difficulty logging into the app or accessing my Movies.
- To log into the app, be sure your Paramount Movies account information is valid by logging in on your computer browser. If you continue to have issues, please contact our support at the top of this page.
9.c Which devices do you support for movie playback?
- To use the movie downloading or streaming feature on Android, you must have Android OS Jelly Bean or above.
9.e How do I watch a movie?
- Once you have logged into the app with your Paramount Movies account, tap the “My Movies” button and you will be able to see all the movies that are available to download or stream on your Android device. Tap on a movie poster image and you will be taken to the details page for that movie. Tap the “Download Now” button to begin downloading the movie to your device. You will need to download the entire movie to watch off-line. Tap the “Stream Now” button to begin streaming the movie to your device. You must be connected to Wi-Fi to download your movies.
9.f Why am I receiving an error message indicating I need Wi-Fi connectivity for Download?
- If you receive this message please go to your app setting and allow streaming and downloading over 3G.
9.g How do I download movies to my Android device?
- You must download movies using a Wi-Fi connection.
- Movies take up storage space on your device. Keep this in mind before downloading.
- If your device falls asleep or the screen locks the movie will stop downloading. To keep your download active while unmonitored, you can adjust the Settings in your Paramount Movies App and check the setting for “allow video downloads to continue after the application has moved to the background”, this will ensure your download continues.
- You will need to download the entire movie to watch off-line. You can stream the movie if you have a Wi-Fi connection, 3G, or 4G (carrier data charges may apply).
- Movies will be shown on your devices in Standard Definition (SD) only.
- To delete a movie you have downloaded, go to “My Movies” and select the movie you would like to delete from your device. Tap the red delete button. You can always re-download the movie at a later date.
9.i Why do I have to link an UltraViolet Account?
- This site was created to allow you to redeem your movie code and add it to an UltraViolet account. Without linking to an UltraViolet account, we can’t redeem your UltraViolet code. www.UVVU.com is the central location where you can manage all of your Ultraviolet movies that are hosted in the cloud.
9.j What devices support my redeemed movie from Paramount?
- Stream or download movies to your PC or Mac. You can stream movies to your TV using the Paramount Movies app for Xbox. You can also stream movies to iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch through your browser site. Or, download and stream your movies to your iPhone or iPad using the ParamountMovies app. Visit http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paramount-movies/id515537531?ls=1&mt=8 to get the free app for iPhone or iPad. See the Technical Requirements section for a list of supported browsers and operating systems. * The app requires a wi-fi connection.
10. ABOUT ULTRA VIOLET
10.a What is UltraViolet?
- UltraViolet is a new way to collect, access and enjoy your movies in the cloud. UltraViolet lets you buy movies on disc and receive a digital version instantly as a copy of your film “in the cloud.” You also don't need to buy a physical disc, you can buy the Ultraviolet movie directly from our site. This digital version will be stored "in the cloud" for access any time.
10.b What devices/platforms does it work with?
- ParamountMovies.com supports PC/Mac, iOS, Android and Xbox for its UltraViolet movies.
10.c Will my movies play on Apple products?
- Yes, but not through iTunes. If you have a Mac computer, you can access movies from ParamountMovies.com using a web browser for streaming, and for playing downloaded copies when your computer is offline, by using a player application from Paramount that installs on your computers. You can also access your Paramount Movies with UltraViolet on iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad) via streaming or download. To stream your Paramount movies on a web browser you must have an internet connection. Or, download your movies to your iPhone or iPad using the Paramount Movies app. Get the free app for iPhone or iPad at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paramount-movies/id515537531?ls=1&mt=8.
10.d Is UltraViolet the same as Digital Copy?
- No, UltraViolet is more than just a digital copy. When you buy a movie with the UltraViolet logo, you get immediate streaming access to it, the ability to download copies anytime.
10.e Do my UltraViolet Downloads Expire?
- No. Once you download a movie you can play it as many times as you like, as long as you have at least one UltraViolet player that works and it is registered to your UltraViolet account. You may access your film any time from "the cloud" and it can never be stolen or damaged.
10.f Will I always need to sign in twice to purchase movies at ParamountMovies.com?
- No, once you create your ParamountMovies.com account and link it to your UltraViolet account you will only need to sign into the Paramount site and purchased movies will automatically be added to your UltraViolet collection when your accounts are linked properly.
10.g Do I need to purchase special equipment to use UltraViolet?
- You do not need any special equipment to enjoy your UltraViolet Library. However, to download Paramount Pictures’ UltraViolet movies for off-line viewing you will need to install an application to watch the movie from your PC or Mac. The application runs of Silverlight plug-in which should be installed.
11. COLLECTING AND PLAYING ULTRAVIOLET MOVIES
11.a Why can’t I stream all of my other UltraViolet movies on ParamountMovies.com?
- ParamountMovies.com only permits movies purchased or redeemed from Paramount Pictures to be streamed through our site. You can view your entire UltraViolet library at ParamountMovies.com but you will need visit other retailer or studio sites to watch your non-Paramount movies.
11.b How do I add new purchases to my UltraViolet Digital Library?
- For online purchases, you can easily add new titles directly to your library as part of your purchase process. Before you complete your check-out, you'll be given the opportunity to log into your UltraViolet account (or create one if needed), and your movie will be automatically added to your Digital Library. If you are already linked it adds the film automatically.
- For purchases of an UltraViolet-enabled movie from a Blu-ray or DVD, you can redeem your UltraViolet movie copy by following the instructions included in the packaging on how/where you can log in (or create an account) to add it to your library. Click "Redeem Ultraviolet" on the top right of our site to choose your film and input your code.
11.c Can I purchase UltraViolet movies from different retailers?
- Yes. Titles you purchase from any participating UltraViolet Retailer can be added to your Ultraviolet Digital Library. Only Paramount Movies are viewable at ParamountMovies.com
11.d Is there a limit to the number of movies and TV shows I can have in my UltraViolet Digital Library?
11.e Can I add previously purchased movies and TV shows to my UltraViolet account?
- Not at this time. For certain titles you can use the Vudu.com Disc-To-Digital program to convert previously purchased DVDs and Blu-Rays into Ultraviolet Copies, for details visit www.Vudu.com
11.f Do I need to purchase special equipment to use UltraViolet?
- No You don't need any special equipment to enjoy your UltraViolet Library.
11.g Can I make backup copies of UltraViolet movies?
- Yes! With UltraViolet, because you can stream and download additional copies any time, it's like having an online, cloud-based back-up that is built in to each movie or TV show in your collection.
11.h Does UltraViolet work worldwide?
- Currently UltraViolet is available in many countries but our site is only available in the united States. So, you may not be able to purchase or stream content outside of these territories. However, UltraViolet has made viewing UltraViolet content around the globe as easy as possible by allowing you to download your content so that you can watch it wherever you and your devices may be.
12. TECHNICAL/SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
12.a What are the system requirements I need to watch the content? What are the Browser requirements?
- (PC): For PC-based systems
A processor of 500MHZ or faster is needed. RAM can be 128MB or more. You can operate with Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista 2008, & Windows Server 2008. 1Mbps for internet connection speed using Broadband, such as: DSL, cable modem, T1 or faster (click here to read about video quality based on your bandwidth). Video card: 64MB video memory or more. Sound card: 16-bit. Screen resolution: 800x600 or greater and Microsoft Silverlight must be installed. For HD playback, you will need an HDCP-compliant device.
- (MAC): For Mac-based Computers
If you have a Mac, the processor must be 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or Faster. RAM can be 128 or more. You can operate with Mac OS 10.4.8 or higher. 1Mbps for internet connection speed using Broadband, such as: DSL, cable modem, T1 or faster (click here to read about video quality based on your bandwidth). Video card: 64MB video memory or more. Sound card: 16-bit. Screen resolution: 800x600 or greater and Microsoft Silverlight must be installed. MAC computers will not be able to utilize HD playback.
For the best viewing experience, the following browsers are supported: Internet Explorer 8 (or higher), Safari 5, Firefox 3.6 (or higher).
For the most up-to-date list of supported browsers and operating systems, please review the list at http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/get-started/install/default.aspx by selecting the System Requirements tab. If you need to upgrade your browser version, please use the following links:
- (iOS Device): iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
In order to play content on your iOS device, it must have a minimum of OS Version 4 and Mobile Safari 4.0-4.3
12.b Will the movie work on a Mac?
- Yes, you can playback the SD version of the film, but the HD version of the film is not available on Mac. The Silverlight player is compatible with Macs running Firefox or Safari. For HD playback, you will need an HDCP-compliant device and connection.
12.c How Do I Install Silverlight?
- The video players require the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in which is downloaded automatically to your computer when you launch the player if you don 't already have it. For a list of supported browsers and operating systems, please review the list at http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/get-started/install/default.aspx by selecting the System Requirements tab.
13. USER ACCOUNT: PARAMOUNTMOVIES.COM
13.a How do I create a Paramount account?
- To create an account, click Login at the top left corner of the site. A Welcome screen will appear, click Sign Up! Fill in the necessary data (items with an asterisk * must be filled in) and click Continue to register.
13.b How do I log in?
- Go to the site and click the Login button in the upper left hand corner. Enter your login information. If you forgot your password, click the Forgot your password? link and follow the steps to reset your password.
13.c How do I reset or retrieve my ParamountMovies.com password?:
- Click the Login button in the upper right hand corner, then click the Forgot your password? link and follow the steps to reset your password. You will need to enter your Username. You will then receive an email with a temporary password. Log into the site using this temporary password, and you will then be prompted to create a password that you will be able to remember.
13.d My ParamountMovies.com account password was revoked. What do I do next?
- The reason your ParamountMovies.com account was revoked is due to the incorrect password being entered too many times. This is to help protect your personal information. To reactivate your ParamountMovies.com accounts, please e-mail help using the link in the right hand side of this page.
13.e Why didn’t my UltraViolet account link to my Paramountmovies.com account?
- If you don’t link accounts you can’t view a movie and it won’t show up in your library of movies on the Paramountmovie.com site. If your UV account isn't linking to your paramountmovies.com account please make sure you don't have another paramountmovies.com account under a different email that is already linked to that Ultraviolet. If you linked to the wrong account, have duplicate paramountmovies.com account or you can't link to Ultraviolet then please contact customer support.
14. USER ACCOUNT: ULTRAVIOLET
14.a How do I create an UltraViolet account?
- It’s free, quick and easy. Just click the “Link your UltraViolet Account” item in your media library. You’ll see a short form that will ask you a few questions needed to start a new UltraViolet account, you’ll get an email with a link, when you click on that link, you’ve got an UltraViolet account. Alternatively, you can go directly to www.uvvu.com to create a new account.
14.b What kind of personal information is collected when I create my UltraViolet account?
- We ask for just the basics: Name, an email address, birth date, username and password.
14.c Does it cost anything to set up and manage my UltraViolet account?
- Your UltraViolet account and Digital Library is included with your UltraViolet movie & TV show purchases!
14.d Why do I have to link an UltraViolet Account?
- This site was created to allow you to redeem your movie code and add it to an UltraViolet Account. Without linking to an UltraViolet account, we can’t redeem your UltraVIolet code.
14.e What do I do if I am having trouble linking my UltraViolet account to my Paramount Pictures movie account?
- If you are unable to receive the UltraViolet Activation email, please fill out the Customer Support help form at https://my.uvvu.com/ssp/public/SigninIframe.jsf. If you are having trouble linking please contact our support on the upper right of this page.
14.f Can I merge two separate UltraViolet accounts?
- Please visit "www.UVVU.com" to log into your primary Ultraviolet account, you can then merge two accounts from within your settings.
14.j Are there Parental Controls?
- No this is not yet available, you must create an separate Ultraviolet account for children to use at this time.
16. PAYMENT / CREDIT CARDS
15.a What form of payment do you accept?
- We accept the following credit cards: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
- We also accept PayPal. You will need to link your new or existing PayPal account the first time you purchase a movie.
15.b What is your policy on refunds?
- If you experience technical problems accessing or viewing the Content you purchased, and such problems remain unresolved after reviewing the FAQ and contacting customer service, we will issue you a refund provided you contact us within sixty (60) days of your order date. Once a refund is issued, you will no longer have access to the Content. Refunds are issued to the payment method used at the time of purchase.
15.c Why is my credit card being declined?
- There could be several reasons why a credit card is being declined. Make sure credit card number, expiration date and verification code are correct. Billing address must be valid and must match the address associated with the credit card.
15.d Why have I been charged multiple times when a failure occurred?
- This may be an issue with your credit card company. If you experienced a payment failure (due to an invalid address, for example) your credit card company actually charged you an authorization charge. Once the issue was corrected, they charged you for the actual purchase. Our records show the payment failure response from your bank but no charge. However, your credit card shows multiple charges. The entries you see on your statement that are all in a pending state won 't actually be charged and will clear themselves out. You can also contact your credit card company directly and discuss this matter with them. Obviously, if you find that you've been charged multiple times, please get back to us and we 'll help to rectify the situation.
15.e How long does the credit/refund take to appear on my credit card statement?
- The refund will appear on your statement in about 7-10 business days. Please contact your credit card company if you have any further questions.
15.f Can I combine coupons during checkout?
- Coupons may not be combined during checkout.
16. TROUBLESHOOTING: PLAYBACK
16.a Why am I unable to play videos in Safari?
- Our system requires use of 3rd party cookies in order to properly deliver videos to your PC.
- Follow these steps to enable 3rd party cookies in Safari:
- Go to the Safari drop-down menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Click Security in the top panel.
- Under 'Accept Cookies' select the option 'Always.'
16.b Why am I unable to view videos in Internet Explorer 7?
- We are unable to offer support of Internet Explorer 7 or 8 at this time. You may upgrade your Internet Explorer version 9 for free at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie.
16.c Why is the VIDEO/PLAYER not loading?
- It appears that the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in is not installed or properly configured on your computer. Try another browser on your computer - perhaps Firefox or Internet Explorer. Alternatively, you can try uninstalling the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in from your computer and then going to http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight to reinstall it. Once it's reinstalled, come back to the site and try again. You can also try to refresh your browser as sometimes the stream during the live event is briefly interrupted but it comes back shortly and it may require a browser refresh.
- For the full list of supported browsers and operating systems, please review the Silverlight support matrix on the System Requirements tab at http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/get-started/install/default.aspx.
- If Microsoft Silverlight is not installed click here to download it: http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/get-started/install/default.aspx.
16.d Why am I receiving the following error message while trying to playback video: "Our apologies, this service is unavailable"?
- Please make sure that you have logged out of your account on all browsers and that you don't have multiple tabs open anywhere with the same site open. Close all your browsers and log back in again.
- Please clear your browser cache and cookies, restart your computer and log in again to the website if you still have the issue. You may be receiving this error because your Paramoutmovies.com username is being used on another computer.
16.e Video is slow, skipping, or buffering
- We're sorry to hear that the picture was not to your satisfaction. We use Microsoft Silverlight 's adaptive streaming technology which will determine the highest bitrate your PC or MAC is capable of receiving based on a number of factors (including available bandwidth, CPU and memory utilization, graphics card capability, etc.) and then automatically scales your stream up and down our streaming profiles to ensure that you're getting the best video experience based on your specific connection profile. Please let us know if you have issues with future stages as our goal is to provide high-quality video for every movie we offer.
- Buffering typically is related to network constraints. If you go to http://www.bandwidthplace.com and run the Internet Speed Test, what are your download and upload speeds?
To ensure best results for your stream, prior to viewing:
- if possible, use a hard-wired internet connection.
- if using a wireless internet connection, ensure you have very good signal reception.
- ensure there are no other internet applications utilizing your internet connection.
- ensure you have the latest browser and Silverlight versions installed.
- If you have any problems after trying these tips, try restarting your internet modem & computer and attempt viewing again.
16.f Why can't I access the movie via my mobile phone or PDA?
- All videos are compatible with desktops and laptops that support silverlight. Currently, only certain portable devices including the iPhone and iPad are able to access the videos.
16.g There is no sound/audio being projected. I can only see the video but cannot hear it.
- Please check the mute button is not turned on. The lack of audio while receiving video may be due to a low internet connection speed.
- Ensure your computer speaker audio is turned on and up to the appropriate value. Check using another audio source. If your computer speakers are working but you are still not able to hear the film you purchased, please contact Support.
16.h What is the quality of the video that is being streamed?
Paramount digital video is created to present a high quality viewing experience whether in SD, HD 720p, or HD 1080p. The quality level will be determined based on (1) the resolution you purchase, and (2) your Internet connection. You can test the quality via the HD-Compatibility test link on the purchase selection page. Here is an estimated breakdown of the content you wil be able to stream based on your bandwidth:
- 900kbps - 2200kbps: SD
- 2700kbps - 5200kbps: HD 720p
- 6200kbps: HD 1080p
16.i I rented a movie in HD but it’s playing in SD, what happened?
- When watching HD, you must watch in Full Screen Mode in order to take advantage of the HD streams with the appropriate bandwidth.
- If you still cannot reach HD quality, then the Internet connection to your computer may have changed since playing the HD-Compatibility test. We recommend checking your bandwidth and trying to play the movie again.
- Close other programs on your computer. Other active, open programs may reduce your processor speed.
- Please contact customer support if (1) your internet connection is consistently fast enough for HD, (2) you are successfully playing back the HD-Compatibility test video, and (3) you are only viewing from devices that have successfully played the HD-Compatibility test video, and you are still not receiving HD quality streams in movie playback.
16.j I do not have access to the Internet. Will I be able to use my redemption code and watch my movie?
- Internet access is required to redeem your code, access your media library, stream movies, or download purchased movies.
17. TROUBLESHOOTING: ULTRAVIOLET
17.a Why can’t I stream all of my other UltraViolet movies?
- You can only stream Paramount Movies from the Paramountmovies.com site. You will be able to see your entire UltraViolet library from the My Movies tab however, to access and view movies from other studios you will be taken to another site to view or download movies from other retailers or studios.
18.a What is a pre-order?
- A pre-order is a way for you to order an UltraViolet digital copy of a movie before it is available. You will be able to play or download the movie from your “MY MOVIES” page on ParamountMovies.com as soon as it becomes available.
18.b When can I watch a movie that I pre-ordered?
- You can watch a movie that you pre-ordered as soon as the movie becomes available for electronic sell through.
18.c When is my card charged when I pre-order a movie?
- Your credit card is charged at the time you pre-order a movie.
18.d Can I cancel my pre-order?
- You can cancel your pre-order anytime before the movie street date and receive a full refund to your credit card. Once the movie is available you may no longer cancel your pre-order.
18.e When will my pre-orderposter arrive?
- If you pre-ordered a film that came with a poster, your official movie poster will be mailed to the billing address we have on file within 4-6 weeks of the date the movie is available. Posters are available for a limited time as quantities are limited. If your address has changes please update it in your settings.